Friday 24 March 2017

Yr 7 Tech - Cooking

Throughout the term, Yr 7's have been going to Tamaki College to do something that we call, TECH. There are 4 different groups. Carving, Hard Materials, Graphics/Art and Cooking. I was in the cooking group. There were about 16 people in my entire group. And about the same in the rest of the groups. My cooking teacher's name was, Mrs. Heka.

We go once a week on a Thursday. So, for my cooking group there are 8 kitchens. 2 people per kitchen. Well, I was in kitchen number 1 and I was paired up together with one of my dear friends, Angels. She is lovely once you get to know her. Anyways, the first thing that we made was an Oreo Milkshake each. It included, chocolate sauce, chocolate syrup, oreos, milk and whipped cream. Afterwards, it was delicious. The next thing we made was, a savoury muffin. This one included, bacon, pineapple, spaghetti, cheese, and bread. We used bread for the pastry and bacon, pineapple and spaghetti for the filling. We had to first of all roast the bread, shape it and then put in the filling. After that was complete, we had to roast everything at once. Only for about 5 minutes. It tasted divine.

As you can probably think now, we were to do a dessert and then a savoury and then just go in order. So, now that I've told you about those things we made first, let me tell you about what we had made yesterday. My group made, Roasted potatoes with chicken breasts made into french fries. Your probably reading this and thinking to yourself, Hmmm... I wonder how that must have tasted. Well, It was the best thing we had made so far. It was that good. Oh and hear this, we even got to cook the chicken breasts our self. Of course, after we had crumbed it. The Ingredients that were needed were, chicken breasts, eggs, flour, breadcrumbs, potatoes, oil, herbs, Parmesan cheese and salt. Both of the people in one kitchen had different things to do. Like, I was responsible for the potatoes and cooking the chicken breast. And Angels was responsible for cutting the chicken and making the crumbing mix. After the potatoes were done, Mrs. Heka put them into the roasting oven and waited for them to roast for about 10 minutes. And then we crumbed the chicken and cooked it.

Furthermore, when everything was done, we cleaned up and ate our creation. It was amazing. I can't wait to taste what we make next week. Hopefully we make a delicious dessert. Well, look out for my next posts about what I have been up to lately. Feel free to comment down below and tell me some things that you enjoy making. Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment