Friday 17 March 2017

My Journey throughout Polyfest's Technical Workshops

Hey there bloggers!!! On the 16th of March 2017, I had an astonishing journey throughout the 2017 Polyfest's Technical Workshops. Now, let me tell you all about it. 

First of all, What is Polyfest? you may be asking. Well, the ASB Polyfest is an iconic Auckland festival which features traditional music, dance, costume and speech from secondary school students. It is a very important showcase of New Zealand's breath-taking cultures and a celebration of youth performances. 

There were so many different types of workshops/stations/activities. For Example: There was one workshop, where you had to put on these 3D Google Glasses. Once you put them on and someone had started them up, it felt like you were in a virtual world. After about, 1 - 2mins of the first scene, the background and topic would change. Like, if you were in a medical room, it could change to a classroom or a beach. It could literally change to anything. Then, there were so many other workshops. There was another one where we had to ride on of those bicycles that power energy. I rode it for about 2mins and then I got a free Mango Supreme Smoothie at the end. The smoothie was delicious. I enjoyed all of the workshops that I got to try. I went to a lot. My group and I tried to go to all of them. Sadly, we missed out on a few. 

But, my favourite part of the day was watching the dancers compete at a workshop called, Te Wananga O Aotearoa. It was so hilarious. It was the most funniest part of my day. Later on in the day, I even got to have a go and competing the the dance competition. The DJ played remixes of songs and we had to dance to it. The person that had the best dance moves got the top prize. Which was either sunglasses, a fan or a smoothie. The second prize went to the person, that made the most people laugh. That was me. I got to pick out of a smoothie, a pair of sunglasses or a fan. I picked a pair of sunglasses, cause I already had a smoothie and a fan. 

After all of that, I learnt that, if you correctly hook something up to a bicycle a ride it for a while, quite fast, you can power energy. That was very interesting. I never knew that would happen. For our activity, we powered a smoothie blender. 

I enjoyed the entire day with my friends and my group. I loved it. It was one of the most amazing trips I have been on before. Hopefully, next year i get to go once again. A huge thanks to all of the parents and helpers that came along and enjoyed the day with us. We couldn't have gone without yous. Can't wait for next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment