Monday 1 May 2017

Back to School Immersion!!!!

Hey There, Bloggers!! Back to School! For those who didn't know, today is the first school day of Term 2 for 2017. YAY!! Since today was the first day back to school, there was an immersion assembly as usual. The topic for this term is, "Now That's Thinking". Let me tell you more about this term's topic and what the other teams in the school will be learning about this term.

First of all, you may be reading this and thinking, "Hmm, I wonder what "Now That's Thinking" means?" Well, this topic is actually all about us and technology. For Example: Maybe it could be about technology changing over the years, or it could be about designing and building. Who knows? I sure don't. Maybe, we will find out together along the way. Ok. I have told you enough about the topic for this term and what it means. Now, I will write about what the other teams in the school are doing and learning about.

Second of all, Teams 1, 2, and 3 will be learning all about kites and different designs they can create. They will also be learning, how to make kites and how they are able to fly in the wind and why they can't fly when there is no wind. Those teams might also create a diagram about kites. Well, you should get the picture by now. Team 4 will be learning about Maori Technology History and how it has changed over the past few years. They will also be finding out what types of technology the Maori people used before the Pakeha came to New Zealand. Last of all, Team 5 will be learning how to create something that will improve life at Pt England School. For Example: Maybe a shoe rack or a chair/bench to sit on, or something that will help others. Like, a game for people to play. Last year, a group of year 8's create a giant Jenga Block Game. Another group created benches and chairs for people. One other group even created a little cart for people to have fun. But, overall, my favourite performance was Team 5 because they sang and danced to a song called, "Bob the Builder". Bob said we sang it wrong, sooo... he sang it himself with a very weird accent.

So, I guess I have told you a lot about what we will be doing this term. Keep in touch with my blog for I will be posting a lot this term. Twice the amount I did last term. Maybe even Triple. Also, feel free to comment down below and send me some feedback on my blog. Thanks for reading and I hope that you enjoyed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment