Tuesday 22 November 2016

Camp Bentzon

Date: 22 November 2016

Dear Peter and Erin,


A big thanks to you both!!


A huge thanks to you both for inviting us to come and visit Camp Bentzon and giving us a helping hand throughout our  journey on Kawau Island. We all enjoyed getting to see all of the strange wildlife and plants on Kawau Island. Such as Wallabies, Weka, Kingfisher and much more. Thanks again for letting us have such a wonderful and amazing experience.     

I loved that we were given the opportunity to see a large pod of orcas and stingrays surround the grey pontoon. It was an amazing sighting. For about 5 mins I was a little bit scared to be kayaking around giant killer whales, but then I thought to myself, “They won’t hurt me unless I make them feel threatened.” So, I just carried on. It was so cool.  
I also enjoyed the activities that we were able to do and experience. Especially the ones that I had never done before. As soon as I heard that we were doing abseiling, I was like,

“Oh no! I can’t do this. Climbing up really high and then going straight back down again, but down a long, high straight wall. AHHH!”
As soon as we got there, I knew that It would be a good thing to be confident and give it a try. When I did, I felt so alive. It was one of my favourite activities that I got to experience.  

Throughout my journey on Kawau Island, I have learnt that even if things are scary or things sound or look hard, that you should at least give it a try. And that you should never give up and that you should carry on if you are tired or sore. I have really really enjoyed my stay at Camp Bentzon and I hope that I would be able to visit once again.

Yours Sincerely,


Atareita

No comments:

Post a Comment